Tuesday 29 March 2016

Absolute Power and Hitler



For the past 2 months there has been a discussion over the Congress rebellion in 2 states namely Arunachal Pradesh and now Uttarakhand. I am not an expert on this subject however some who proclaim to be experts in this subject have started a debate.

And the debate being “Is the Modi government in search for absolute power?”

That inspired me to write this short article. People may agree or disagree with my views and I will agree to disagree with some counter views. Without being a Hitler of course.

It all started when I responded to one tweet of a well “renowned” journalist when he tweeted whether Modi government want to gain absolute power. I responded back saying, absolute power is sometimes necessary, I like Hitler and there is a Hitler in every person, even the very journalist. Wow…. Like it always happens to that journalist, I am being trolled for my comments. There are people from different segments. Some gave me examples of Auschwitz and told me visit there. How I would not have born had my parents been there during those times. Some liked my tweet and some blasted me. 

All of them are right in their own thinking. But I agree to disagree with their thoughts. A simple reason for that is they did not understand me before they could tweet their reactions. Hitler has become a bad word in the world. And that is not wrong if the many bad qualities this person had, are considered. 

However, I have a strong objection to equating “Absolute power” to Hitler, the man who is mostly known for. Because there is an assumption that absolute power is always wrong.
The prime question is not whether Hitler is bad or not. He was a bad man and will remain so for centuries to come. Even if he had some good qualities they are forgotten due to his many bad qualities.

The prime question today is whether absolute power is bad. And if aspiring for absolute power is bad.

I believe in Hindu philosophy so I will try to explain what I believe. Each human being has good and bad qualities in him. A human who gathers more and more good qualities within him slowly becomes a saint and further becomes god and vice versa. Hindu philosophy thus believes that there were such good people in this history as Lord Ram, Lord Krishna, etc… who became exceptionally good human beings in their one life they lived that common people like us made them gods. Did these people have bad qualities in them? Of course yes. But then the bad qualities were to be searched with an electron microscope.

On the other hand there are many figures in the history who were bad. We all know them. They were the people who got killed by the good people Lord Ram and Krishna. Now a question arises were the bad people really bad? They were bad in the sense that they did whole lot of wrong things in life. Ravan was a well learned scholar, a wise king of Lanka. Yet we call him a bad man because he did something unforgivable. And so on there are many so called bad men in history of world. Hitler is one of them. And when I say, I like Hitler or for that matter even Ravan, I want to say that these so called bad men too had good qualities. And I like to take the good qualities from even a bad man.

Those qualities may be their leadership skills, their ability to unite their country against external threats.

I don’t see anything wrong Narendra Modi in aspiring for absolute power as long as he does it within the limits of constitution. Absolute power outside the constitution was by Ms. Indira Gandhi in 1975. Now that’s the so called bad man we all talk about. Does that mean she was an absolutely bad human being? No.


Having absolute power is not bad, aspiring for that is not bad. 

How you use the absolute power decides whether you become a Lord Krishna or a Ravan or for that matter Hitler. 

I Hope people who want me to visit Auschwitz have understood what I wanted to say. If not, please carry on with your trolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment